Wednesday 15 July 2015

Sponsorship update: have we reached the US$50,000 milestone?

Yes, I am delighted to share with you that the total donations to date now sit at IDR659,000,000 or US$50,690 (at an exchange rate of Rp13,000/US$). Thank you all for your support.

My heartfelt thanks to Fiona Forrest and her 'Foundation of Unity'. Fiona's Foundation has donated Rp25 Million towards the Becakterus appeal. Thank you for your Silver sponsorship. 

I must tell you last year, Fiona walked around the entire island of Bali - a truly amazing effort in support of her own yayasans. Well done my dear!



I would also like to thank Bank Ekonomi for coming in as a Bronze sponsor and donating Rp10 Million. Thank you my good friend, Mr Tony Turner. 

And very generously, Tony and Karen matched this sponsorship - Rupiah for Rupiah - by personally donating Rp10 Million. Thank you so much, ‘those turners’:-).

Individual personal donations of course are most welcome, and I would like to thank Cynthia Wihardja on making a personal donation of Rp1 Million. Many thanks Cynthia.

For anyone else out there interested in making a personal donation to the appeal, we will be setting up a fund raising page online where credit card payments may be lodged. It will be Indonesian Rupiah based, so anyone wishing to transfer from an overseas currency nominated card, please do check the zeros (exchange rate) prior to making your donation. Thank you in advance. I’ll be back with more details on this online appeal site as we enter the final month.

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I'll be ‘pulang kampong’ to Scotland for a few weeks; which means some lovely Scottish weather to not look forward to, and no Becakterus training to worry me... but sure I'll find other ways to keep my legs turning in circles.

And in closing, to those celebrating, I would like to wish you a Happy Eid Mubarak, Selamat Idul Fitri, and happy and safe holidays to you and your families.


Stay safe all, Becakterus

No comments:

Post a Comment